The San Diego & Imperial Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Network is primarily funded by the U.S. Small Business Administration via a cooperative agreement and the California Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development via grants. Southwestern Community College is the agreement and grant holder for the San Diego & Imperial SBDC Network and provides significant support as well.
The San Diego & Imperial SBDC Network provides a vast array of no- and low- cost support to entrepreneurs and small businesses through our nine locations/sub-contractors:
- North San Diego SBDC (MiraCosta College) in Carlsbad
- Imperial Valley SBDC (County of Imperial) in Imperial
- East County SBDC (East County Economic Development Council) in El Cajon
- South San Diego SBDC (Southwestern College) in National City
- Alliance SBDC (Asian Business Association of San Diego with the Central San Diego Black Chamber of Commerce and the San Diego County Imperial Valley Hispanic Chamber of Commerce) in Kearny Mesa
- International Rescue Committee SBDC in City Heights
- The Brink SBDC at the University of San Diego, a specialty SBDC for innovation-based companies
- Connect SBDC, a specialty SBDC for innovation-based companies
- Export SBDC at the World Trade Center San Diego, a specialty SBDC for companies expanding to international markets
The SBDC’s top priority is to empower small business creation and growth to achieve job creation and retention, capital investments, and dynamic innovation that improves the quality of life in San Diego and Imperial counties.